Duty Days Per Year: 190-220
Hours Per Day: School year hours 6.5 per day scheduled between the hours of 5:45am-9:15am and 3:00pm-6:00pm, this is a split shift during the school year. Summer hours are typically a straight shift.
Type of Position: (X) Continuing ( ) Temporary
Salary: $15.51+/hour, depending on qualifications; according to the Unaffiliated Employee Group Work Agreement
Supervisor of Position: Chris Spindler-Schlottman, Kids Connection Program Supervisor
- CDA or Associate’s degree in Early Childhood Education/Child Development is preferred.
- High School Diploma (or equivalent), required
- Training and experience related to child development, child guidance, cultural dynamics, communication, and activities is desired.
- Effective communication skills, good interpersonal skills with adults and children.
- Flexibility and the ability to sub for other instructors or shifts is needed.
- First Aid and CPR Certification, preferred.
- Prepares and implements age appropriate curriculum involving various activities to stimulate children’s cognitive skills, abilities and development. May assist with planning.
- Performs cleaning duties and organizes daily routine materials and supplies.
- Physical Requirements: Able to lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Job Description: Unaffiliated-Kids Connection Lead Instructor
Summary of Duties: Kids Connection/Just 4 Kids is a child care program providing care for children 3 years old to 5th grade. Lead Instructors, implement and supervise appropriate classroom, gym, and outdoor activities. Lead Instructors may assist Site Coordinator with planning as well as other duties as assigned.
The policy of the school district is to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. The school district does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, disability, sexual orientation, including gender identity or expression, age, family care leave status, or veteran status. The school district also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees.