Work for Explorers Video Link:
8:00 am to 4:30 pm
8 hours per day
$22.00 minimum hourly rate
Benefit eligible position
- Develop enriching classroom activities and program goals consistent with Creative Curriculum development and learning objectives.
- Prepare for and conduct class activities, manage classroom, supervise and provide guidance for participants.
- Conduct group and individual activities using developmentally appropriate practice for children ages 3-5.
- Complete daily and weekly set-up of materials related to specific curriculum.
- Conduct assessments, communicate results to parents, and monitor records.
- Establish a positive and friendly relationship with parents.
- Participate in team meetings and in staff development trainings.
- Assist in supervising classroom assistants and volunteers.
- Provide a safe, caring and positive learning environment.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality and professionalism.
- Perform other duties of a similar nature or level.
- Evidence of successful experience teaching young children in a preschool or childcare setting.
- Evidence of skills in using technology in curriculum.
- Evidence of successful experiences with inclusion initiatives.
- Evidence of strong child and parent relationships.
- B.A. or B.S. degree in early childhood education or child development; certification / licensure preferred.
- Current First Aid and CPR certification.
- Strong knowledge of early childhood development and developmentally appropriate practice.
- Knowledge of Pyramid model of social/emotional development practices
- Knowledge of Creative Curriculum, preferred.