General Purpose of Job: To inspire and prepare all students with the confidence, courage, and competence to achieve their dreams; contribute to community; and engage in a lifetime of learning. Provide professional nursing to support the educational progress of all children K-12.
- Administer medication and/or specialized health care treatments to students as directed by physicans and authorized by parents or guardians.
- Follow protocols, procedures and written care plans to administer medications, nursing care procedures, and episodic care under the delegation and guidance of the RN/LSN.
- Monitor health status of students and performs first aid, emergency care and other illness interventions per district protocols, monitoring vital signs and nursing observation skills. The LPN will consult and communicate with the delegating RN/LSN and obtain direction from the RN/LSN regarding questions that fall outside the scope of the LPN practice.
- Follow the individual emergency plan or IHP.
- Immediately reports any injuries or 911 calls to the supervising RN/LSN and records information for accident report.
- Conduct vision and hearing screenings. Facilitate referrals to health care agencies or facilities when requested under the direction of the RN.
- Monitor student health and obtain immunization records to prevent and control communicable disease. Report annually to State Dept for students K-12.
- Excuse or re-admit students for health reasons in accordance with districts protocols, building procedures and state and county health department exclusion guidelines under the direction and consultative advise of the RN.
- Provide ongoing observation and feedback on student health status to the RN/LSN.
- Establish and maintain a student health record that contains the health status of the student, a record of immunizations, history of physical and other health conditions that may affect the education of the student..
- Refers health education requests to the RN/LSN.
- Identifies names of students to RN/LSN that needs assessment for health education/counseling.
QUALIFICATIONS: Licensed Practical Nurse
EDUCATION: Must be a Licensed Practical Nurse currently licensed in the State of Minnesota.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES:
1) Basic first aid and health screening
2) Ability to communicate and foster positive working relationships with students, parents and staff.
3) Current CPR preferred
4) Computer skills preferred
Job Type: 32.5 hours per week/school year
Start Date: ASAP
Bargaining Unit: Nurses
Salary Range: $22.30 per hour plus benefits