Triton Public Schools is located in Dodge Center, MN, and is approximately 20 miles west of Rochester and 20 miles east of Owatonna and approximately 1 hour south of the Twin Cities. We currently serve around 1,100 students and offer many educational opportunities while maintaining a small school approach.
Triton Believes In:
Building relationships and making sure everyone is welcomed, has a sense of belonging and is valued.
A commitment to student achievement by honoring interests, individuality and high quality education.
Celebrating and encouraging innovation and creativity.
A commitment to high standards, expectations and accountability
Substitute for Special Education staff member out on maternity leave.
- Develops instructional plans and organizes class time to provide a balanced program of instruction, demonstration, and working time.
- Evaluates each pupil’s performance and growth in knowledge and aesthetic understandings, and prepares progress reports.
- Continues to acquire professional knowledge and learn of current developments in the educational field by attending seminars, workshops or professional meetings, or by conducting research.
- Organizes and maintains a system for accurate and complete record-keeping, grading, and reporting for all student activities, achievement and attendance as required by district procedures and applicable laws.
- Encourages parental involvement in students’ education and ensures effective communication with students and parents.
- Ensures that student conduct conforms to the school’s standards and school district policies, and establishes and maintains standards of pupil behavior needed to achieve a functional learning atmosphere in the classroom.
- Coordinates with other school professional staff members, especially within grade level, and participates in faculty meetings and committees.
Performs other related tasks as assigned by the Principal and other central office administrators as designated by the Superintendent.
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task or responsibility.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of current art instructional teaching methods and educational pedagogy, as well as differentiates instruction based upon student learning styles.
- Knowledge of applicable federal and state laws regarding education and students.
- Ability to use computer network system and software applications as needed.
- Ability to organize and coordinate work.
- Ability to communicate effectively with students and parents.
- Ability to engage in self-evaluation with regard to performance and professional growth.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others contacted in the course of work.
- MN State Teaching License
- Bachelors from an accredited college or university in education discipline applicable to teaching assignment.
Successful prior teaching experience for the appropriate grade level and/or subject is a plus.
Position is open until filled.
Direct questions to Shane Van Beek- Elementary Principal