Pipestone Area Schools is currently seeking a First Grade Long Term Substitute . This position will start when school starts August 17. 2020 and go through November 30, 2020.
- Experience in an elementary setting
- Holds appropriate Minnesota licensure
- Knowledgeable computer user.
- Willingness to work with students with unique backgrounds and skills
- Team Player and team-oriented thinker
- Practice and carry out rules and procedures as defined by the Pipestone Area School District.
- Support the Principal with supervision of students.
- Providing a welcoming and friendly classroom environment for all children, parents, and visitors
- Creating fun innovative and engaging age-appropriate lesson plans that reflect weekly themes
- Managing effective classroom transitions
- Assisting and supervising children with diverse educational needs, plus counseling children as needed using positive and appropriate discipline techniques
- Ensuring the appearance, cleanliness and safe environment of classroom are appropriately maintained
- Accurately completing all classroom paperwork, such as daily reports, accident reports, and attendance records
- Following all classroom regulations for the safety and educational success of the children
- Communicating with parents in a friendly manner, including greeting them by name, addressing concerns in a timely manner, giving positive feedback and providing regular updates on their child’s development and classroom happenings
The substitute reports to the building principal.
Faculty are compensated according to the current master agreement.
Complete online application. For questions, contact Toni Baartman at 507-825-6756 or 507-825-6763.