Inver Grove Heights Schools is a thriving and growing district with nearly 4,000 pre-kindergarten through 12th grade students in six schools. Our mission is to inspire students, innovate in its programming, and help students excel and make a positive impact on our community.
We are committed to build core life skills into student daily learning and use Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports (PBIS) to develop students personally as well as academically. We are proud to have a school system that is competitive in academic test scores and known for being student-focused.
“ISD 199 is large enough to offer excellent opportunities to students while being small enough to feel like a family.” Elementary Teacher
This is a 0.4 FTE Math Teacher for TriDistrict in partnership with Simley High School.
• Bachelors degree in educational field.
• Licensed by the State of Minnesota to teach at the assigned grade level and academic area.
• Relevant experience to position. CS/IT experience is not required.
• Any other qualifications the Board of Education may deem necessary and desirable for the specific assignment.
• Proven success working cooperatively and congenially with other employees, supervisors, parents, and students.
OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
This course will potentially be taught off-site at a business partner site, 5 days per week in the fall semester, and 1 day per week in the spring semester. The successful candidate must be able to be on site for all class periods
In the spring semester, it will be necessary for the teacher to visit student internship sites. Mileage for both spring and fall travel responsibilities for the program will be reimbursed at the established federal rate.
• Work collaboratively with another TriDistrict Math or Computer Science teacher colleague to co-develop and co-teach an interdisciplinary Computer Science/IT course. This position’s primary responsibility is for assuring the implementation of the content associated with Advanced Placement Computer Science Principles, including the administration of the exam. This will also involve using the home-district’s LMS.
• Work with content area and non-content area colleagues (Math or Business CS/IT teachers in home and TriDistrict schools), along with community and business partners, to develop a profession-based, career-readiness curriculum that melds high school coursework with workforce demands.
• Along with their teaching partner, refine and implement the TriDistrict professional skills curriculum.
• Along with their teaching partner, and in collaboration and cooperation with business partners, create and implement Project Based Learning activities aimed at solving authentic business partner projects.
• Along with their teaching partner and with the support of the TriDistrict CAPS Program coordinator, develop a calendar of career and college readiness activities (speakers/presenters, field trips, site visits, etc.)
• Assist with the development, as well as implementation and oversight of immersive, authentic learning experiences (internship, mentorship, job-shadowing, service learning) for students in the program
• Assist with the ongoing maintenance and development of relationships with current and future business and community partners to serve as guest speakers, site visit locations, project partners, and internship sites. This is primarily 2nd semester as part of internship site check-ins, which occur biweekly at minimum.
• Participate in summer curriculum development and professional learning for curriculum/course development.
• Collaborate and communicate with TriDistrict staff, administration, the TriDistrict CAPS coordinator and others to support, promote and develop all TriDistrict CAPS Programs, the Computer Science/Information Technology Program in particular.
• Maintain communication and positive relationships with course host site.
• The successful candidate must already be trained to teach AP Computer Science Principles, or be willing to attend a summer AP training course.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL:
• Consistently exhibit a growth mindset
• Be able to effectively collaborate with colleagues in both content and non-content areas
• Have prior or current experience in a career/career field outside of education
• Consistently demonstrate flexibility and adaptability
• Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills–we are constantly collaborating and interfacing with students, parents, business partners and the community
• Have experience in a team-teaching or co-teaching environment
• Have experience with curriculum development
• Have or have an interest in pursuing a Work-Based Learning or related CTE license (preferred but not required)
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
Inver Grove Heights Community Schools offers a competitive and comprehensive teacher salary and benefit package. View our Teacher Benefits At A Glance at https://www.shorturl.at/djDU4.
Apply today and view all career opportunities at https://www.isd199.org/careers/open.
Inver Grove Heights Community Schools is an equal opportunity employer and supports an inclusive workplace environment.