Up to $8000 Hiring and Retention Bonus Possible: through a grant from The Come Teach in Minnesota Program, licensed teachers who are American Indian or people of color, and who move to Minnesota may be eligible for a hiring bonus of up to $2,500. If eligible teachers are serving in a licensure shortage area, the hiring bonus may be up to $4,000. A retention bonus equal to the hiring bonus may also apply. Learn more about this program here. St. Francis Area Schools is a public school district located in St. Francis, a northern suburb of Minneapolis and St. Paul, Minnesota.
Duty Days per Year: 186
Hours Per Day: 8
Type of Position: (X) Continuing ( ) Temporary
Salary: Based on Teacher’s Work Agreement
Supervisor of Position: Administrator/ Alternative Education Supervisor
Qualifications: Must have valid Minnesota teaching license to teach Math 7-12.
Summary of Duties:
- Strength in developing positive, trusting, relationships with students, families and staff.
- Provide engaging lessons with the use of hands on learning strategies, collaboration, and technology.
- Empower students with positive encouragement and supportive approaches to ensure growth.
- Differentiates curriculum to a wide range of learners in a smaller setting environment.
- Utilize a strength based approach with a “not there yet” mentality.
- Shows commitment to stay current with best practices and professional development in mathematics.
- Participate in school wide Positive Behavior Intervention and Supports (individual and school wide acknowledgements and activities)
Job Description: Licensed Teacher K-12
The policy of the school district is to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. The school district does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, disability, sexual orientation, including gender identity or expression, age, family care leave status, or veteran status. The school district also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees.