Effective immediately, the Human Resources Department will accept online applications for the position of Middle School Teacher. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. Salary placement is based on education and experience as indicated in Teacher’s Collectively Bargained Agreement.
Application Process: To be considered for the position, submit online application at www.sspps.org. The application deadline is 4:00 PM on Friday, July 10, 2020.
Develop the student’s fullest acquisition of knowledge, skills, concepts, and attitudes.
- Plan and conduct activities for a balanced program of instruction, demonstration, and work time that provides students with opportunities to observe, question, and investigate.
- Instruct students individually and in groups, using various teaching methods. Adapt teaching methods and instructional materials to meet students’ varying needs and interests.
- Observe and evaluate students’ performance, behavior, social development, and physical health.
- Deliver the district’s written, taught and assessed curriculum.
- Maintain knowledge and skills with IB Program changes and updates.
- Create a positive environment to ensure successful learning for all students.
- Meet with parents and guardians to discuss their children’s progress, and to determine priorities for their children’s social, emotional and academic growth.
- Partner with parents or guardians, teachers, counselors, and administrators in order to support students’ academic and social-emotional development.
- Maintain accurate and complete student records as required by laws, district policies, and administrative regulations.
- Adhere to all district policies and procedures.
- Support the district’s mission, vision, values and strategic plan.
- Guide and counsel students with adjustment and/or academic issues or special academic interests.
- Prepare objectives and outlines for courses of study, following curriculum guidelines or requirements of states and schools. Confer with other staff members to plan and schedule lessons promoting learning, following approved curricula.
- Meet with other professionals to discuss individual students’ needs and progress.
- Administer standardized, formative and state mandated assessments and interpret results to determine student strengths and areas of need.
- Attend professional meetings, educational conferences, and teacher training workshops in order to maintain and improve professional competence.
- Understand and maintain boundaries and confidentiality with students, families and staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Appropriate Minnesota teaching licensure for subject area and level taught.
- Commitment to working effectively with culturally, economically and socially diverse students and families.
- Knowledge and experience with International Baccalaureate Program.
- Effective oral and written expression.
- Demonstrated collaboration and relationship building skills.
- Excellent technology skills.
- Strong communication skills verbally, orally and written
- Demonstrated prompt, regular and reliable attendance
Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk, hear, operate a computer and other office equipment, reach with hands and arms, and must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Vision abilities required include close vision.