Description: The Media Assistant assists the students with the effective and efficient operation of the media center including assisting students in the use of the media center and processing and circulating materials.
1. Assists students and staff in the use of the media center. Transfers student’s information between systems. Set up and problem solve equipment issues (cameras, LCD projectors, computers) when students and/or teachers need assistance. Supervises students in the media center or other school locations so that students and teachers are able to find what they need and students act in a safe manner appropriate to the school environment. Check out equipment to student to use each night and check on returns the following morning.
2. Assists in the circulation of media materials (books, magazines, audio visual (AV) materials) to include checking, carding, date and stamping; files on checked out materials, overdue notices, and replacement cards; shelving and material repairs. Keeps collection in reasonable order so that there are orderly and efficient circulation of well maintained materials. Assists in use and maintenance in various technology equipment.
3. Assists in the ordering, receiving, and processing of new media and resource materials including entering new textbooks into media/classroom circulation system, bar coding and maintenance of catalog cards, pockets and labels. Processes added copies and recataloged and reclassified resources to assure that up-to-date materials are available for use. Run various reports for teachers. Schedule and go into classrooms throughout the year and check out textbooks to individuals students.
4. Performs general clerical duties; such as, typing correspondence, copying and laminating, purchase orders; compiling new book lists and circulating to teachers; filing, data entry, packaging and insuring materials for shipment or inter- library loan so that clerical duties are completed and the media center operates smoothly.
5. Other job related duties as required.
1. High school degree, GED, or equivalent.
2. The hiring manager reserves the right to request a skills test prior to hire.
3. Experience in current office software desirable.
4. Willingness to accept and follow direction.
5. Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
6. Ability to use office equipment to maintain accurate and timely records.
7. Training and/or experience in the use of computer equipment.
8. Ability to learn filing rules and library functions.