1.0 FTE media specialist
Plymouth Middle School
Job summary: The media specialist ensures that all learners are effective users of ideas, information and technology. The media specialist uses a research-based understanding of reading instruction, content and information and technology literacy standards to create services that foster literacy and personalized learning across the school.
- Create an environment that is conducive to engaged and personalized learning, resource-based instructional practices, and collaboration.
- Develop and implement information and technology literacy instruction that is an integral part of the total curriculum.
- Collaborate with teachers to develop learning experiences that integration information and technology literacy skills.
- Select, organize, and make accessible a collection of print and digital resources tailed to student interests and abilities and school curriculum. Create and ensure efficient access to digital age learning resources.
- Coach staff in the effective use of media and digital tools.
- Manage resources and staff to achieve program goals.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Applicants with a current Minnesota teaching license as a library media specialist are preferred. Applicants with significant progress toward the license may potentially be considered.
Apply on-line at www.applitrack.com/rdale/onlineapp/
Human Resources Program Director
4148 Winnetka Avenue North
New Hope, MN 55427
POSTING OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Equal Opportunity Employer