This is a full time position as a media/technology paraprofessional working at Simley High School.
- A high school diploma or GED and one of the following:
- An AA, AS, AAS (or higher) degree, or
- Two years of post-secondary coursework (60 semester credits or 90 quarter credits) from an accredited institution of higher education which are applicable toward a bachelors degree, or
- Passing score of 460 (or higher) on the ParaPro Assessment. (For more information on the ParaPro Assessment, contact Educational Testing Service at 1-800-772-9476 or www.ets.org/parapro)
- Ability to interact effectively with students and staff members
- Knowledge and skill in computer technology, audio/visual, and library media systems
- Working knowledge in selecting cognitively appropriate resource materials
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Experience and background in classroom technology integration
- Ability to assist in budget management
- Ability to perform job assignments and projects accurately and independently
- Capable of working cooperatively and congenially with other employees, supervisors, parents and students.
The essential functions include, but are not limited to, the following fundamental duties:
- Assist professional staff in the research, ordering, processing, and maintaining of media and technology services acquisitions.
- Assist professional staff in the supervision, instruction, and assessment of students as it relates to media and technology services areas.
- Train and assist teachers and students in the processes of media circulation, check-out, check-in.
- Assist in the scheduling and coordination of building technology resources including: computer labs, mobile labs, and shared audio-visual aids.
- Assist professional staff in the management of reading incentive programs.
- Assist professional staff in the management of budget, and preparation for ordering supplies and resource materials.
- Assist staff and students with general reference questions, including assisting with Internet and other educational technology issues.
- Assist staff and students with computer troubleshooting when appropriate, escalate and coordinate with Technology Department staff to resolve issues.
- Assist in the set-up and preparation of computer labs for learning and assessment.
- Assist professional staff in keeping the library and general check-out computer labs as vibrant and effective learning areas.
- Assist professional staff in organization and maintenance of collections for efficient use.
- Maintain and upgrade technical skills as needed or assigned.
- Manage and maintain Catalog, Circulation, Patron and Report systems for media, AV, and technology resources.
- Prepare overdue notices, and collect overdue or lost material fines.
Pay and Benefits:
The rate of pay for this position is $19.40 per hour. Insurance benefits are available to full-time employees and part-time employees who work at least twenty hours per week.
Inver Grove Heights Community Schools is an equal opportunity employer and supports an inclusive workplace environment.