1.0 FTE position for the remainder of the 2020-2021 school year, beginning as soon as possible.
- Implement best practice teaching and learning strategies into content area.
- Work collaboratively with team members to support the academic, social and emotional growth of middle level learners.
- Collaborate with other teachers to design and coordinate common assessments and utilize data to target student needs.
- Participate in regular PLC meetings as an active and engaged professional.
- Communicate frequently with parents, colleagues, students, and administrators through all available means of technology.
- Establish and maintain high standards for character growth.
- Current Minnesota Teaching License required.
- High level of content expertise required.
- Demonstrated ability to support critical thinking in meaningful discourse in the content area.
- Experience working with middle level students preferred.
- Effective classroom management skills.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience in collaboration and problem-solving.
- Experience with curriculum and assessment design.
- Understanding of the role of parent involvement and the ability to collaborate with parents.
- Ability to use technology as an instructional tool.
Bargaining Group and Level: Orono Education Association/Teachers