Position: Middle School Social Studies Teacher
Work Schedule: 24 hours/week
Start Date: fall 2022
Pay and Benefits: Pay and benefits are in accordance with the teacher labor agreement – https://www.isd622.org/Page/310
- Valid MN teaching license in (content area) for grades 6-8.
- Must demonstrate continued professional development through coursework, research and peer collaboration.
- Considerable knowledge of the core curriculum areas the teacher is responsible for instructing.
- Considerable knowledge of educational philosophy, teaching methods and approaches, current researched best practices and strategies.
- Considerable knowledge of students’ learning styles and needs, both academic and affective.
- Considerable knowledge of multicultural, gender and disability fair curriculum concepts.
- Considerable knowledge of classroom management techniques.
- Working knowledge of instructional technologies.
- Considerable skill in classroom presentation.
- Considerable skill in classroom management and organization.
- Working skill in maintaining records and developing reports.
- Considerable ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Considerable ability to plan and implement lessons based upon district and school goals and objectives and the needs and abilities of students to whom assigned.
- Considerable ability to provide appropriate instruction in core subjects.
- Considerable ability to adapt teaching styles to diverse student populations.
- Considerable ability to interact effectively with students, parents, other school staff, administration and community members of diverse ethnic/racial and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Considerable ability to evaluate student performance and to present these evaluations in a manner that fosters higher student achievement.
- Considerable ability to work in a cooperative learning environment.
- Working ability to utilize computer and multimedia technology as appropriate.
- Provide instruction in the core curriculum areas(s) for which employed; make appropriate use of instructional resources and technologies.
- Implement the goals and objectives of the District and the school and/or program for which employed.
- Follow the prescribed course of study, except as authorized in the curriculum outlines or by the principals or other official rules and regulations.
- Evaluate student performance according to system used by school and/or District; promote student achievement; maintain required student records; make related reports to the principal as prescribed or authorized by the superintendent.
- Maintain contact and communications with parents of students and work with them in the development of each student.
- Perform classroom management duties; enforce District rules governing the conduct of students; take appropriate disciplinary action with students who do not follow District rules.
- Enforce District guidelines in regard to health and hygienic conditions and practices in the classroom as they may affect the physical and mental health of students.
ISD 622 is an equal opportunity employer and supports an inclusive workplace environment.