This is a hands-on role that requires planning, production, promotion, graphic design, and strategic marketing research and evaluation. As a department within the Minnetonka Public Schools, Minnetonka Community Education (MCE) provides lifelong learning, recreational and community programs for patrons of all ages. MCE has four primary divisions: Early Childhood/Preschool, Youth Enrichment and Recreation, Adult Enrichment and Recreation, and Events. MCE coordinates three signature events that cross all programs: Tour de Tonka, Youth Triathlon, and Firecracker Run. The MCE Marketing Specialist, in consultation with the MCE Leadership team, is the primary “client services specialist” for MCE programs and is the liaison to the rest of the District Communications team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create and execute the branding and marketing strategy for MCE including an effective multi-channel marketing program based on research and data.
- Design, create and disseminate catalogs, other print and all electronic marketing components including web, mobile, video marketing and editing, Google AdWords and social media campaigns.
- Proactively monitor enrollment and implement promotional strategies to support MCE program growth.
- Facilitate the program survey process for MCE programs to gain customer insight and identify growth opportunities.
- Ensure a high quality customer experience on the MCE websites and online registration platform, including maintaining home and program landing pages and directing navigation and site architecture.
- Complete other projects, as approved by the Executive Director of Community Education, that may be requested to support marketing of ECFE/Preschool, Youth and Adult programs and MCE signature events.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, public relations, or related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- Previous experience in communications and marketing preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency in InDesign, Photoshop, Adobe Acrobat, web content creation, social media accounts, photography, email marketing software and video editing.
- Strong interactive marketing background required.
- Strong sense of visual communication and common design principles.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple tasks and projects concurrently with strong time management skills and the ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent attention to details and organizational skills.
- The ability to be self-directed while collaborating with MCE Director, Coordinators, Program Managers, Office Assistants.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain mutually beneficial relationships with staff, students, parents and the community.
- Flexibility in scheduling, including the ability to work both early morning, evening and weekend events.
- Be available for several key MCE weekend events and programs. Most notably Minnetonka Preschool Open House (January), Youth Triathlon (May), Firecracker Run (July 4) and Tour de Tonka (August).
- Excellent analytical skills, critical thinking, judgment and adaptability.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
This benefit-eligible position reports to the Executive Director of Minnetonka Community Education and will be placed on an individual letter of assignment.
Annual salary range is $60,000-$65,000.
When completing the application process, please upload a cover letter and resume, You may also upload recommendation letters and transcripts.
Candidates selected for an interview will be asked to present a portfolio of selected work samples.