Multimedia Communications Specialist – Temporary
20 – 30 hours per week
Temporary position for 1 year
Education and Experience:
- 3-5 years professional experience in a similar role required
- Experience working in a public, non-profit or school district environment preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred in communications, journalism, public relations, advertising, marketing, video/visual communications or related field
- 3-5 years experience in digital production and/or storytelling
- Strong writing skills and storytelling instincts
- Advanced skills in storytelling and video production
- Understanding of video and editing techniques and trends
- Experience with a variety of video equipment and video editing software
- Proficient in photography skills and techniques
- Experience creating content for digital and social media platforms: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube
- Ability to establish collaborative working relationships with a diverse group of individuals (internal and external stakeholders)
- Demonstrated ability to take direction, collaborate with team members and work independently
- Demonstrated ability to organize and establish priorities independently in an environment with multiple demands
Provide support to the Community Relations Office in storytelling and developing video content for the purpose of increasing parent and community engagement and supporting enrollment marketing activities.
- Create compelling photography and video content designed to effectively promote the district brand, and promote enrollment.
- Create visual content and graphics to support district marketing and communications objectives.
- Contribute to and maintain the CR photo library for district and school websites.
- Capture photos for use in publications, marketing materials and social media.
- Conceptualize and seek out compelling video storytelling content.
- Serve as in-house producer to bring the creative vision for a video project to life from pre-production to final product.
- Collaborate with and support marketing and communication teams with video content strategy, planning, and detailed production plans – from pitch to final delivery
Applicants should submit a resume, cover letter and their portfolio and/or two video examples. Portfolio and examples may be linked in your resume or letter, or email to email@example.com with the subject: Applicant materials.
Submit online application, cover letter, and resume by clicking on the “Apply” button in the top right