Music Teacher K-8th Grade
Aurora Charter School
The mission of Aurora Charter School is to operate a center of learning that embraces academic excellence and celebrates the gift of Latino culture.
Our unique dual language program is designed around the three pillars of dual language education; Bilingualism and Biltieracy, High academic achievement, and socio-cultural competence. We strive to ensure that each child develops strong biliteracy skills, achieves at their highest potential, and develops a socio-cultural competence that helps them develop into noble citizens of our community.
Under the general supervision of the Executive Director and School Principal, to develop students’ understanding, appreciation of the art of music, including listening a wide range of musical genre, periods and styles.
-MN Teaching license in K-8 Music, Vocal Music Preferred
-Must be fluent in both Spanish and English (Required)
Performs other related tasks as assigned by the Principal and other central office administrators as designated by the Executive Director.
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all-inclusive of every task or responsibility.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of current teaching methods and educational pedagogy, as well as differentiated instruction based upon student learning styles.
- Knowledge of English and Spanish grammar, word usage, word denotations and connotations, spelling, literature and other content areas taught.
- Knowledge of data information systems, data analysis and the formulation of action plans.
- Knowledge of applicable federal and state laws regarding education and students.
- Ability to fluently read, write and speak in Spanish and English required.
- Ability to instruct students in singing, harmonization, and chorus as needed.
- Ability to use computer network system and software applications as needed.
- Ability to organize and coordinate work.
- Ability to communicate effectively with students and parents.
- Ability to engage in self-evaluation with regard to performance and professional growth.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others contacted in the course of work.
Physical and Mental Demands, Work Hazards
Works in standard office and school building environments.
Note: Also see the Summary of Physical, Sensory and Environmental Requirements Needed to Perform Essential Functions for this position.
- MN Teaching license in K-8 Music, Vocal Music Preferred
- Motor Vehicle Operator’s License or ability to provide own transportation.
- Bachelors from an accredited college or university in education discipline applicable to teaching assignment.
- Successful prior teaching experience in music for the appropriate grade level preferred.
FLSA Status: Exempt