The Austin Public School District is seeking to hire RN/LPN substitutes to be available on call as needed.
The substitute Building Nurse provides care within the school setting, which includes administering medications,
providing first aid services, and maintaining health records under the direction of the Supervisor of School Health Services.
- Provide direct nursing care to students/staff, to include: administer prescribed medication and treatments in accordance with nursing standards; provide counsel to students related to medications and treatments administered; take vital signs as needed.
- Performs necessary first aide duties based on techniques and training; implement procedures within ability to interpret, adapt and apply guidelines; use training skills to recognize problems; recommend solutions in accordance with guidelines under RN/LPN licensing and the Coordinator of Health Services and school protocol.
- Collect and interpret data pertaining to student health needs, and provide care based on protocols and plans of care established by the Coordinator of Health Services.
- Monitor and report communicable conditions and changes in student/staff health conditions within the school setting to Coordinator of Health Services.
- Organize and/or participate in health screening process as requested by the Coordinator of Health Services.
- Observe, record, and document health office information, including student and staff health office visits, medication administration; controlled substance count per school district protocol; student health records, including immunization, tracking attendance issues, and current health conditions; screening summaries; monthly reports as requested by the Coordinator of Health Services; other data as assigned by supervisors.
- Maintain health supply inventory.
- Ensure blood borne pathogen protocol is met within the Health Service Office.
- Conduct vision and hearing screening and end screening referrals and communicate with parents/guardians and protocols.
Training & Experience:
Position requires a high school diploma; graduate of an accredited school of professional or practical nursing and Minnesota RN or LPN licensure. Certification in CPR and basic First Aid.