NORTHEAST METRO 916 INTERMEDIATE SCHOOL DISTRICT
Date Posted: September 9, 2021
Position Title: Nursing Supervisor
Assignment: Nursing Services
FTE: 1.0 (year-round position)
Salary: $75,317 – $94,162 (salary placement dependent upon applicable experience)
Expected Starting Date: ASAP
Nature of Work:
This is the third level in the Health Services series. Incumbents are responsible for leading the nursing department. Responsibilities may include: planning and developing department goals; establishing procedures for service delivery; supervising and providing direction to staff; ensuring compliance with laws and regulations; and providing guidance to staff in resolving student health concerns.
Typical Class Responsibilities:
– Administers and supervises a comprehensive school health program including emergency nursing services; supports and provides consultation for the activities of assigned areas, including planning, coordinating, administering, evaluating, and implementing programs, processes, procedures, systems, standards, and/or service offerings; interprets health mandates, recommendations, and trends; and monitors compliance with Federal, State, and local laws, regulations, codes, and/or standards.
– Supervises staff including: prioritizing and assigning work; conducting performance evaluations; ensuring staff are trained; ensuring that employees follow policies and procedures; maintaining a healthy and safe working environment; and, making hiring, termination, and disciplinary recommendations.
– Monitors district health services office activities; assures the maintenance of accurate and detailed records of services rendered and case histories of treatment; disseminates information to appropriate staff; and completes and supervises third party reimbursement documentation.
– Promotes the health and well-being of the school community through ongoing monitoring of educationally relevant medical findings; conducts ongoing disease surveillance to monitor communicable diseases; collaborates with staff, public health agencies, and others to promote optimal health practices; serves as the liaison and/or contact person representing the District at a variety of meetings, public events, training sessions, on committees, and/or other related events.
– Performs skilled nursing services, which include developing nursing care plans.
– Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
Training and Experience Requirements:
Bachelor’s degree in Nursing or health field; and 1 year of related experience.
Licensing & Certification Requirements:
Registered Nurse (RN), Public Heath Nurse and licensed or able to obtain a license from the Minnesota Professional Educator Licensing and Standards Board (PELSB) as a School Nurse (Pre-K – 12).
– Supervisory and managerial principles;
– Nursing principles, procedures, and techniques;
– Principles and practices of program administration and management;
– Medical terminology;
– Techniques and methods for organizing, prioritizing, assigning and monitoring work;
– Best practices, trends and emerging technologies;
– Principles and methods of qualitative and quantitative research;
– Student health/physical assessments;
– Medical treatment protocols including first aid and emergency care;
– Health promotion and safety;
– Customer service principles;
– Recordkeeping principles;
– Applicable local, state, and federal laws, rules, and regulations;
– Computers and related software applications
– Supervising and evaluating employees;
– Adhering to applicable nursing-related standards, protocols, regulations, policies and procedures;
– Supervising health services, nursing care, and related programs;
– Coordinating deadlines, prioritizing work demands and assigning/monitoring work performed;
– Researching industry trends, solutions and best practices;
– Interpreting, monitoring, and reporting of medical research, findings, and public health information;
– Administering medical treatments including first aid and emergency care;
– Performing student health/physical assessments;
– Maintaining confidentiality;
– Providing customer service;
– Preparing and maintaining records and reports;
– Applying local, state, and federal laws, rules, and regulations;
– Operating a computer and related software applications;
– Communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with subordinates, coworkers, supervisor, the general public, etc. sufficient to exchange or convey information and to give and receive work direction.
Positions in this class typically require: climbing, balancing, stooping, reaching, standing, walking, fingering, grasping, talking, hearing, and seeing.
Light Work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for Sedentary Work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for Light Work.
Commitment to Equity
At Northeast Metro 916, equity means that everyone has access to what they need in order to learn, grow and thrive. To learn more, click here.
Northeast Metro 916 will not discriminate against individuals based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, parental status, status with regard to public assistance, disability, age or sexual orientation.