Description: To assess specific areas of physical, perceptual and fine motor development and to provide direct and indirect OT service to students in support of their special educational needs.
Job Summary: The essential functions of this job include, but are not limited to, the following fundamental job duties:
- Participation on the school assessment team.
- Assess students referred by building Child Study Team.
- Obtain pertinent information from parents, medical persons, and other district staff involved with the child.
- Make home visits when necessary to assess the child within/his/her home environment.
- Use standardized tests and observation to assess the student.
- Participate in the planning and implementation of individualized programs of students identified as needing direct or indirect OT services.
- Report results of OT evaluation with recommendations for further assessment and/or service.
- Utilizing the team approach, integrate OT assessment data with other data for total planning for the student.
- Utilize expertise in developing appropriate goals and objectives for students’ programs.
- Provide consultation and training for the classroom teacher in effective methods to aid the disability challenged student in the regular or special classroom.
- Facilitate referrals to outside resources when approved.
- Participate in report to parents and involve parents in students’ program when appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned by Program Supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree, or Doctorate in occupational therapy from a school accredited by the American Occupational Therapy Association.
- Minnesota State Licensure as an Occupational Therapist.
FTE: .4 (.3 FTE – Birch Grove Elementary School for the Arts & .1 FTE – Palmer Lake Elementary)
(Temporary approximately November 9, 2020 through February 8, 2021).
Application Procedure: Apply online
This position has return rights pursuant to language in the Teacher Transfer Procedures, subd. 1.