The Fergus Falls School District is seeking to fill a full-time para educator position for the 2021-2022 school year. This elementary school position is for 6.5 hrs/day during student contact days. Wage range is $17.25-18.90/hour
- High School diploma as well as courses toward a two-year degree or a two-year degree preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of Macintosh computers and relevant programs
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the board may find appropriate and acceptable.
The tasks listed below are not intended to limit other tasks that might reasonably be assigned as necessary.
1. Work under direct supervision of certified staff
2. May assist in instruction of reading and math to target students. Certified staff will determine instruction needed and how and where it will take place.
3. Will work in the classrooms and/or small group settings.
4. Assist in informal testing, objective testing and instructional activities with certified staff.
5. Work with the MAP testing coordinator.
6. Noon hour and playground supervision as assigned.
7. Patrolling the crosswalk in the mornings as children arrive at school.
8. Assist in the library, shelve books, check out books, read stories to students, etc.
Application deadline: Open until filled
The Fergus Falls Public School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Educator, who fully and actively supports equal access for all qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, Genetic Information or Testing, Family & Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law, and prohibits retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer or the government, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint, or otherwise oppose discrimination.