Part-Time 183 days/3.5 hrs/day
Elementary Paraeducators assist and support students and teachers at the elementary levels with various instructional tasks. These could include any of the following areas; lunchroom, playground supervision, preptime, behavior support rooms, media center, copy room, classroom assistance, or computer lab.
Duties may include:
- Under the direction of the teacher/administrator, assist students individually or in groups, with lesson assignments to present or reinforce learning concepts.
- Support students in the behavior/skills room. Assist in supporting students who may be in distress, and support fostering and reinforcing positive social, emotional, and behavioral skills.
- Prepare and maintain student records and reports, media inventory, filing, and supporting various technology resources.
- Supervise areas where students gather such as hallways, classrooms, playgrounds, bus areas, and lunchroom.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications: High School Diploma or equivalent. Must be physically working in the building. Good communications, interpersonal and recordkeeping skills. Ability/desire to work with technology and computers. Ability to work cooperatively with students and staff. Ability to supervise students Ability to take direction. Ability to maintain regular attendance, which includes completing an assigned day. Must be able to lift a minimum of 25 pounds. Ability to perform position responsibilities including physical factors, work devices and materials handling, data functions, and people functions.
Rate of Pay: $16.50/hour, $18.10/hour with AA/AAS degree or 60 semester/90 quarter credits, $18.90/hour with BA degree
Start Date: 9/6/22.
All Applicants must complete the Anoka-Hennepin Schools online application at www.ahschools.us/jobs
Questions about this position:
Please contact the school directly with any questions about this position.
For Educational Service Center (ESC) positions, contact the Special Education Department.