Albany High School
Under the direct supervision of a certified staff member, to assist students in the classroom and during the school day to meet instructional goals and objectives.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assists and guides students to reinforce reading, language arts, mathematics, computer instruction, and other skills.
- Works with students individually and in small groups to reinforce basic learning and implement assigned programs.
- Assists with reinforcing instructional materials and skills according to individual student needs.
- Assists with record-keeping procedures to document student learning and performance.
- Assists with classroom behavioral management to minimize disruptions, ensure a safe and orderly classroom, and ensure students are on task.
- Assists students in non-instructional areas, such as supervising the student lunch programs, bus duty, playground duty, corridor, study hall, and other related non-instructional areas.
- Accompanies students on field trips for the purpose of assisting with supervision.
- Constructs, copies and distribute and use educational materials as needed.
- Assists students with special needs in all aspects of classroom instruction to maximize inclusion, learning, achievement if IEP objectives, etc.
- Assist students with physical or mental disabilities with activities of daily living for the purpose of maximizing their ability to participate in school or learning activities.
- Follows all applicable safety rules, procedures and regulations governing the proper manner of assistance for all students, including those with disabilities or other special needs.
- Perform any other related duties as assigned.
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task or responsibility.
Use standard office equipment, such as personal computers and copiers.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide, and perform arithmetic operations as needed to assist students.
- Ability to understand, apply and use personal computers/ipads and software applications
- Ability to work with a diverse group of individuals.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information regarding students, employees and others.
- Ability to establish a supportive and compassionate relationship with students with special needs.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with students, staff and others contacted in the course of work.
- Ability to report work orally or in writing to supervisor as required.
- Effective writing and verbal communication skills.
Physical and Mental Demands, Work Hazards:
Works in standard office and school building environments.
Any combination of education and experience providing the required skill and knowledge for successful performance would be qualifying.
Typical qualifications would be equivalent to:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Prior experience working with special needs children desirable.
$14.71 – $17.41 per hour
Application Deadline: Open Until FIlled
Direct questions about the position to Eric Bubna at email@example.com
Questions about the online program can be directed to Amy Rausch at firstname.lastname@example.org