Applications Accepted Until Filled
For questions about the position please contact:
Cold Spring Elementary Principal: Keri Johnson (firstname.lastname@example.org) 320-597-2016
Under the direct supervision of a certified staff member, to assist the certified professional staff with special education students. Additional duties involve supervision of students during morning recess, afternoon recess, and late bus supervision.
Essential Job Functions
- Work with students individually and in small groups to reinforce basic learning.
- Work closey with classroom teachers and Special Education Teacher.
- Supervise students during recess and late bus.
Perform any other related duties as assigned.
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task or responsibility.
- Assist in the utilization and maintenance of instructional and non-instructional equipment, including a personal computer if necessary.
- Use standard office equipment, such as personal computers and copiers.
- Ability to report work orally or in writing to supervisor as required.
- Effective writing and communication skills.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide, and perform complex arithmetic operations.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of individuals.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information regarding students, employees and others.
- Ability to follow directives of teacher, media specialist or other supervisor, and assist students with respect to instructional and non-instructional tasks.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with students, staff and others contacted in the course of work.
Physical and Mental Demands, Work Hazards
Works in standard office and school building environments.
Note: Also see the Summary of Physical, Sensory and Environmental Requirements Needed to Perform Essential Job Duties for this position.
- Any combination of education and experience providing the required skill and knowledge for successful performance would be qualifying. Typical qualifications would be equivalent to:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Successful completion of college level coursework or passing of examination as required by the No Child Left Behind Act.
- Prior experience working with children desirable.
FLSA Status: Non-exempt