Job Summary: The Paraprofessional is a district employee who is primarily engaged in direct interaction with one or more pupils for activities according to district-approved curriculum and teacher-approved plan for the student, physical or behavior management, inclusion or other activities.
Hours/day: 6.5 hours/day M-F
1. High School Diploma or equivalent
2. Ability to relate to and communicate with staff and students
3. Patience and flexibility in working with special needs students
4. Willingness to expand skills
5. Ability to take direction of supervising teacher
6. Ability to keep information confidential
7. Ability to model and reinforce appropriate verbal and interpersonal behavior
Salary: hourly pay per the master working agreement – https://www.fridley.k12.mn.us/uploaded/Master_Agreements/2017-2019_paraprofessionals_agreement_signed.pdf
Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employed is regularly required to talk, hear, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, reach for objects, stand, walk, push, pull, lift and use hands to grasp and feel. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 40 pounds, occasionally being required to lift and/or move 50 pounds or more. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
Apply online and send materials to: Amy Cochran, Principal Fridley Middle School