About Spring Lake Park Schools
Welcome to Spring Lake Park Schools! We are a vibrant school community serving about 6,100 students from the suburbs of Blaine, Fridley and Spring Lake Park, in the northern Minneapolis-St. Paul metropolitan area. Our district purpose — “High expectations, high achievement for all. No excuses” – provides our focus to meet the unique and varied needs of each student.
Spring Lake Park Schools is recognized for our commitment to personalized learning, creating a culture of innovation and creativity through human-centered design thinking. We are working to create a system – a culture with a methodology and set of processes – where teachers and staff have the freedom, flexibility and invitation to design new ways of learning centered around deepening student engagement to continuously improve student success.
The successful candidate will be an individual who …
… firmly believes:
- all students can and will learn, and that their learning can be directly influenced by focusing on factors over which we have control;
- in the need to work interdependently with teachers, school, and district leaders throughout the system, aligning the work of adults around improving student learning by meeting the needs, interests, and aspirations of students;
- in the need to work in partnership with staff to continuously improve practices to enhance student and family engagement, creating the conditions for equity, excellence and student success; and
- in personalizing learning for students, meeting academic, social, and emotional needs and aspirations so that each student feels valued and has a sense of belonging, leading to academic success
Duties of this job include, but are not limited to:
- Serve as Director for the Middle School fall play and management of participants.
- Model appropriate behavior and represent the school and district in a positive way.
- Stay within prescribed budget.
Decision Making Authority:
- Choose production in consultation with District Wide Theater Coordinator
- Create a practice schedule sufficient to ensure a successful production
- Coordinate with staff (Tech Director, Costumer, etc.) on a regular basis to ensure continuity and calendar
- Follow through from casting to performances.
- Theater/Drama background
- Available during fall season
- Will communicate all questions or concerns to the District Wide Theater Coordinator.
- Will communicate with parents as requested, including rehearsal schedule, parent volunteer opportunities, and deliver a consistent (team/school/district) message to students and parents.
Spring Lake Park Schools has a long history of excellent theater productions, we are looking for an individual to continue our expectation of excellence. Performing Arts are an integral part of Spring Lake Park’s core values and culture of the school. Strong candidates would have a passion for theater, have had experience directing for theater productions and working with youth. Spring Lake Park is looking to fill this position immediately.
We strongly prefer candidates who have exhibited excellence in collaboration with colleagues and an enthusiasm to work with students. Preferred candidates will also have a demonstrated commitment to ongoing learning as evidenced by graduate-level work or an earned degree, as well as participation in professional organization conferences or seminars related to the content area.
Highly competitive salary for the region
How to Apply
Application deadline is Friday, July 31, 2020 or position will remain open until filled.
Individuals who wish to be considered for this position must apply online at https://www.applitrack.com/district16/onlineapp/default.aspx
For any inquiries or questions regarding the position, please feel free to contact Ryan Julien, Fine Arts Center Supervisor, at email@example.com or (763) 600-5295.