POSITION DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Organize and facilitate the Response to Intervention Team.
* Implement the 3 Tier RTI Instructional System to increase student achievement.
* Make database instructional decisions regarding student learning needs.
* Gather pertinent data (academic and behavioral) on struggling students by conducting classroom observations, interviewing teachers, parents and the student.
* Progress monitors students involved in the RTI process to ensure that interventions are implemented with fidelity and show student progress using graphs and charts.
* Communicate with parents, teachers, and educational assistants in regards to students who are receiving Tier 1, 2, or 3 services.
* Coordinate services for students.
* Write goals and interventions that address the needs of each individual student.
* Create an atmosphere of sharing and cooperation at meetings with teachers, parents, and educational assistants.
* Assist classroom teachers in conducting classroom instruction of all basic subjects in Spanish.
* Work with small groups or individual students in math and/or reading
* Collaborate with grade-level team members, program specialists, program coordinator, director, and other staff regarding program implementation.
* Maintain knowledge of current and emerging RTI trends, procedures, and evaluation processes in immersion programs.
* Participate in in-service program planning and staff development activities.
* Participate in immersion and the International Baccalaureate Organization Primary Years Programme training programs.
* General supervision during recess, lunch, arrival and dismissal.
* All other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* The candidate, following guidelines for highly qualified staff, will hold at a minimum, an bachelor’s degree. (4 year degree).
* Native or near native proficiency in the Spanish language is needed.
*Teaching experience, ELL, Reading, and/or elementary teaching license is highly desirable.
* Functional proficiency in English is required.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
*Ability to relate positively to primary-age children.
* Enthusiasm and a strong commitment to the full immersion teaching philosophy.
* Enthusiasm and a strong commitment to the International Baccalaureate Organization Primary Years Programme.
* Excellent proven communication skills (non-verbal, oral, written, and listening.)
* Good organizational skills and flexibility in relating to students, parents, peers, and supervisors.
* Must be able to work well in a team environment through cooperation and participation.
* In-depth knowledge of a Hispanic culture.
* Ability to appropriately teach children with different ability levels and learning styles.
* Ability to understand that students are individuals, and the skill to work effectively with individual strengths and needs of students.
* Knowledge and ability to creatively instill the love of learning in students.
* Creatively strive to make connections with parents, other classes, community and beyond.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS
Must be able to appropriately and patiently work well with elementary-age children in and outside of the classroom.
This position requires the incumbent to work mainly in a classroom setting as well as supervise recess. Incumbent is also be required to supervise and work with the children in the lunchroom or other areas.
This position also requires other duties and responsibilities as needed that may not be included in this job description.
Deadline: Position open until filled.