Position Information: Full time (40 hours), year-round
Oversee operation of the Childcare rooms including:
- Designing a healthy and safe play environment
- Planning activities based on approved curriculum
- Acting as a role model by nurturing relationships, guiding and redirecting participants’ behavior
Responsible for parent communication including:
- Modeling open and positive communication with parents, Assistant Program Manager(s), Classroom Assistants, CE Instructors, and volunteers
- Arranging tours and intakes; scheduling participants
- Responding to questions and concerns
- Assessing participants’ development with semi-annual progress reports to parents (Birth to 5)
Supervise Assistant Program Managers, Classroom Assistants, CE Instructors including:
- Providing hiring input to Program Coordinator and staff orientation to new employees
- Creating staff schedules
- Tracking staff time and time off approvals
- Providing performance coaching and evaluations
- Facilitating team meetings
Meet all applicable certification regulations and all applicable accreditation criteria.
Participate and lead team meetings and staff development as directed.
Other responsibilities or room assignments as directed by the Program Coordinator or Director of Community Education.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (Specific training or job experience required before appointment)
- Ability to meet teacher qualifications under DHS licensing Rule 3 and Accreditation Standards
- Prior experience with Childcare Programs, philosophy and services
- Prefer Bachelors Degree in Education, Early Childhood, School-Age Care, Human Services or related fields
LICENSING AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Meet DHS rules and Accreditation Standards and qualify as teacher under those requirements
- Satisfactory criminal background check
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employed is regularly required to talk, hear, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, reach for objects, stand, walk, push, pull, lift, and use hands to grasp and feel. The employed must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, occasionally being required to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds or more. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Starting pay $18.16 per hour or up to $19.63 per hour (DOQ)
- Vacation and sick time accruals, 12 paid holidays, full medical and dental insurance
Application Process: Apply online
Application Materials to: Sally Leone, Coordinator