Responsibilities: Provide services as a member of the counseling department staff as outlined in the District Comprehensive School Counseling Program for students in grades K-5 and specifically to provide services to meet the special needs of his/her assigned case load; to consult with teachers, staff and parents to enhance their effectiveness in helping students’ educational, career, personal and educational programs.
Required Qualifications: Master’s Degree in Elementary Guidance and Counseling. Licensed by MDE in Elementary Counseling.
- Possess good written and oral communication skills
- Possess strong planning and organizational skills
- Possess skills and knowledge related to group and individual counseling and referral resources
- Knowledge and use of curriculum planning and instructional skills
- Possess a tolerance for ambiguity and change