Woodbury Middle School
Anticipated Start Date: October 10, 2021
Salary schedule based on Teacher contract, previous teaching experience and education.
Benefit information can be found on the District Website under Human Resources and Benefits. Please look under Forms & Publications for specific Insurance Premiums.
Current Minnesota K-12 School Counselor license
Provide guidance to students and families concerning attendance, enrollment, course registration, academics, scheduling, and college & career opportunities. Provide counseling related to personal, family, and interpersonal situations with students and families. Implement a comprehensive school counseling program to promote and enhance student success.
Primary Job Functions:
- Promote positive relationships with students individually and through groups
- Provide short-term personal counseling services to students that may be self, family or staff referred
- Provide emotional support to students
- Assist with course registration and scheduling processes
- Assist teachers with student behavior and/or academic issues
- Provide academic counseling services that may be self, family or staff referred
- Connect with parents in an effort to build relationships, provide support and resources
- Collaborate with other district representatives and/or community agencies and act as a liaison in helping staff, students, and parents access community resources
- Respond to emergency situations involving students, families or staff and provides appropriate guidance and access to resources
- Member of Building Mental Health Resource Team
- Provide professional development for other staff as necessary
- Organize scholarship opportunities for students
- Provide post high school guidance to students individually and through classroom presentations
- Perform and monitor testing at various levels
- Adheres to the standards set forth by the American School Counselor Association (ASCA)
- Other duties as assigned
Job Specifications (Education, License, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Minnesota Guidance and/or Counseling licensure.
- Thorough knowledge of the principles, practices and procedures of school counseling; general knowledge of community agencies available to serve and assist students; general knowledge of casework methods and procedures; ability to conduct interviews and guidance sessions effectively and to analyze attitudes and problems objectively; ability to counsel students and parents on sensitive problems and to communicate ideas clearly and concisely, orally and in writing; ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with students, parents, staff and administration.
- Knowledge of district curriculum and resources as it relates to state standards for students.
- Ability to perform routine computer functions, including the use of email and Microsoft Word
- Prompt, regular and reliable attendance.
- Communicates with students, parents, co-workers, supervisors, and the community in a positive and responsive way that is consistently welcoming and enhances effective work relationships.
- Demonstrates an appreciation of diversity in all interactions and job functions.
Apply online including a letter of interest and current resume
Posting will be removed from the website when the position has been filled.
Equal Opportunity Employer