As a School Linked Mental Health Practitioner, this opportunity includes flexible work schedules, paid continuing education, ongoing training in mental health, opportunities to follow your passions and interests, potential career advancement, and more.
At Fernbrook Family Center we provide mental health services by using innovative strategies to build relationships and transform lives. We provide services to clients of all ages; from birth through adulthood.
Fernbrook Family Center values a diverse workplace and encourages BIPOC, LGBTQIA+ individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, and veterans to apply.
Candidates must qualify as an In-Home Behavioral Therapist/Mental Health Practitioner (MHP) in one of the following ways:
- 4000 hours of experience in the delivery of services to adults or children with mental health illness
- 30 semester hours/45 quarter hours (about 1 year as a full-time student) relevant coursework and 2,000 hours of experience in the delivery of services to adults or children with mental health illness
- Has a bachelor’s degree in a behavioral sciences or related field and has completed an internship/practicum in the delivery of services to adults or children with mental health illness
- Masters or other graduate degree in a behavioral science or related field
- Teach and provide skills training within in-home/community and school setting
- Assist with crisis situations and non-structured times (lunch/recess) throughout the school day as needed
- Collaborate with school systems, care givers, Fernbrook and school staff
- Enable clients to improve basic functioning of daily and community living activities
- Work in collaborations with culturally diverse populations (students and their families) in host schools to increase awareness and identification of mental health issue.
- Create contact notes for individual appointments
- Attend weekly/monthly meetings
- Ability to preserve professionalism when working with client(s) and their families
- Maintain all required documentation
- Some travel is required
- Sign-On bonus
- Ongoing supervision
- Health Insurance with BCBS (portion of premium paid by agency)
- Vision and Dental Insurance
- 401k matching up to 4%
- Vacation and Sick time monthly accrual
- Monthly reimbursement amount for client activities
- 8 paid holidays a year
- Yearly conference allotment with three paid days
- Employee Assistance Program
- Discount tuition at various college/universities
**Copy and paste the URL below to find more information on what we do at Fernbrook Family Center.
Fernbrook Family Center provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, military status, veteran status, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability or genetics any other classification protected by federal, state or local law.