Description: Under the direction of the Director of Special Education and the Building Principal, the Licensed School Social Worker provides direct and indirect social work services to students experiencing social, emotional and/or behavioral problems that interfere with their performance in school, and facilitates communication among school, home and community providers.
1. Provides school social work services to students who are at-risk and/or are demonstrating social/emotional/behavioral problems within the school setting.
2. Provides direct and indirect school social work services as a related service in support of special education.
3. Acts as a liaison between the home, school and community providers to access, mobilize and coordinate services.
4. Designs and develops tiered interventions to meet the needs of the students in need of assistance.
5. Collects, analyzes, and reports information on selected programs and students as required by the School District and state policy.
6. Connects with all students in the building to serve as a positive and caring adult role model in the building.
7. Provides crisis intervention services as needed.
8. Performs other comparable duties of a like or similar nature as apparent or assigned.
1. Bachelor’s degree in social work.
2. Licensed as a school social worker by the Minnesota Department of Education.
3. Excellent communication skills.
4. Strong human relation and organizational skills.
5. Ability to build positive, productive relationships with diverse individuals and groups.
1. Master’s degree in social work.
2. Three (3) years experience as a school social worker.