Substitute School Social Worker
October 19, 2020 through November 20, 2020
Long term substitute teacher pay
• Reports to appropriate special education supervisory staff and principals.
• Participates are a member of the student assistance and special education teams.
• Performs appropriate assessments and case manager duties assigned by the team including mental health services to the special education programs.
• Confers with parents and school staff regarding the educational, emotional, social and behavioral needs of students.
• Participates in building team meetings on a regular basis and maintains appropriate records including special education due process procedures.
• Provides consultation services to classroom teachers and develops and documents pre-referral intervention strategies.
• Assists school personnel in handling crisis situations such as neglect, physical and sexual abuse, school phobias, attendance problems and severe family breakdowns.
• Provides individual/group counseling for students/parents.
• Acts as a liaison between family, school and community; maintains a working relationship with community agencies and resources.
• Provides information to families regarding appropriate community resources for social and mental health services.
• MSW (Master of Social Work) degree
• Current Minnesota school social worker license
Apply on-line at www.applitrack.com/rdale/onlineapp
Human Resources Program Director
4148 Winnetka Avenue North
New Hope, MN 55427
Posting open until filled
Equal Opportunity Employer