Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Knows the primary concepts and structures of effective online instruction and is able to create learning experiences to enable student success.
- Able to select and use a variety of online tools for communication, productivity, collaboration, analysis, presentation, research, and online content delivery as appropriate to the content area and student needs.
- Uses communication technologies in a variety of mediums and contexts for teaching and learning.
- Applies troubleshooting skills (e.g., change passwords, download plug-ins, etc.).
- Plans, designs, and incorporates strategies to encourage active learning, application, interaction, participation, and collaboration in the online environment.
- Uses effective communication skills with students.
- Identifies and explores new tools and test their applicability to their content areas and students.
- Provides prompt feedback, communicates high expectations, and respects diverse talents and learning styles.
- Provides clear definitions of objectives, concepts, and learning outcomes and the course organization to students.
- Establishes and implements criteria for appropriate online behavior for both teacher and students.
- Uses student data to inform instruction, guide and monitor students’ management of their time, monitor learner progress with available tools, and develop an intervention plan for unsuccessful learners.
- Uses a variety of methods and tools to reach and engage students who are struggling.
- Monitors student progress and applies activities and tools that are relevant to the needs of all students, including those with learning or physical disabilities, in collaboration with appropriate staff or resources.
- Applies adaptive and assistive technologies in the online classroom where appropriate in the instruction to meet student needs.
- Communicates with the appropriate school staff regarding specific accommodations, modifications, or needs as listed in a student’s IEP or 504 accommodations, and work in collaboration with others to address student needs.
- Interacts in a professional, effective manner with colleagues, parents, students and other members of the community to support students’ success.
- Demonstrates competencies in creating and implementing assessments in online learning environments in ways that ensure validity and reliability of the instruments and procedures.
- Other job duties as assigned.
- BA/BS degree required. Prefer MA degree.
- Appropriate Minnesota licensure for area of teaching.
- 3-5 years teaching experience.
- Demonstrated experience providing staff development preferred
- Demonstrated teaching skills.
- Good human relation skills.
- Good communication and collaboration skills.
Technology and troubleshooting skills with computer software and hardware.
Strong background in the use of Google Applications.
Experience with learning management systems such as Schoology.
Classroom integration and best practices using Chromebooks.
Designing and implementing online content.