WORK CALENDAR: 178 duty days per year. Refer to the attached work calendar in the lower right corner of this posting.
SALARY: $14.67 per hour
BENEFITS: Benefits available for positions working an average of 30 hours per week.
Contact the Insurance office @ 507-328-4226 for detailed insurance information. Make sure to reference the exact job posting.
If you have questions regarding a job posting, contact the Office of Human Resources @ 507-328-4253.
You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org The Staffing Specialist will respond to your email within one business day.
Duties may include some or all of the below responsibilities:
- Monitor and assist students in the boys locker room – must be able to work in the boys locker room.
- Patrol areas inside to ensure security of the building and visitors as directed.
- Lunchroom supervision.
- Communicate with appropriate school personnel regarding site needs or concerns.
- Ability to work with a diverse community of staff, students, and families.
- Know Crisis Management procedures.
- Perform tasks within the level of responsibility of position as assigned by the supervisor.
- Minimum requirement of two years of college (48 semester credits), a two-year degree, or completion of the Para Pro Assessment. (Please include transcript with application.)
- Experience working with technology.
- Ability to work as a team member.
- Ability to work with diverse student populations.
- Ability to assist in resolving conflicts between students.
- CPR/First Aid certified or willingness to obtain.
- Effective teaming and communication skills.
- Strong initiative and ability to work independently.
- Knowledge and experience with applied behavior techniques.
- Regular, on-time attendance is required.
In addition, the specific skills/educational qualifications for this include:
Believes that all students can attain high levels of learning.
Takes responsibility for the learning of our students and his/her own performance.
Possesses the knowledge and skills to build effective educational experiences that benefit all students.
Functions as an effective member of the educational/school team.
Won’t shy away from today’s educational challenges.
Utilizes effective interpersonal skills.
Has a proven track record of success.
Works with great integrity
Common and Shared Accountabilities for All Positions
Employees of the Rochester Public School District #535 are expected to support the goals, model and promote an environment that is respectful for all, and work collaboratively with other staff to focus on the needs of the learner. A quality, customer focus that conveys a welcome attitude, an adaptability to change, and a desire for continuous improvement is also expected of all employees. In addition, staff are to respect confidential matters, encourage a safe and secure environment throughout the schools, and be dependable and accountable employees.
Please visit www.rochesterschools.org to learn more about Rochester Public Schools.