Work Schedule: 8 hours/day – 180 days per year
Start Date: September 6, 2022
Pay: $22-24/hour (depending on qualifications)
Benefits: ACA eligible
Additional Note on Assignment –
This position will patrol the inside and outside of the building frequently to ensure that the building remains a safe environment for all afterschool activities
Summary of Responsibilities:
Assist building level administration with daytime and after school site supervision ensuring the ongoing safety and security of students, staff, site guests and district property through diligent observations, interactions, appropriate interventions or inquiries, timely incident reports and ongoing input regarding the safety and security policies and practices established by the district.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
The essential functions include, but are not limited to, the following fundamental duties:
- Implementation of the site security plan.
- Confers regularly with administration to evaluate the security plan and the degree to which it impacts the site in creating and sustaining a safe, respectful environment.
- Patrols inside and outside the assigned site with sufficient frequency to monitor the security status of site facilities (e.g. doors, windows, gates, other security devices, parking lot, general grounds, etc.) Promptly reports immediate or potential safety or security risks to administration.
- Responds to and intervenes in occurrences of inappropriate behaviors that are creating security problems inside or outside the building as necessary or requested by administration or staff member.
- Contacts parents when requested by the administration to inform them of specific incidents that involve a student family member and/or collect additional information.
- Follows through on referrals made by staff members regarding the prevention of inappropriate or more serious delinquent behavior by enforcing building/district policies and procedures related to student discipline.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Experience in security or closely related field or an equivalent combination of education and security or related experience.
- Ability to operate independently and effectively while following established procedures and protocols.
- Ability to anticipate and/or recognize problems and/or complications and to determine and implement practical corrective solutions to problems and issues.
- Ability to communicate appropriately with all individuals.
- Ability to respond appropriately to emergency or crisis situations.
- Ability to demonstrate critical thinking skills when completing unique or complex job assignments.
- Ability to determine what is confidential and proprietary information and how to use that information in a proper manner.
- Ability to make independent judgment to diagnose needed action to complete assigned tasks.
- Ability to communicate positively about the school district at all times.
- Demonstrated interest and ability to develop and sustain good relationships with students, staff and visitors with diverse cultural and economic backgrounds.
- Considerable skill with problem solving and team decision making.
- Capable of working cooperatively and congenially with other employees, supervisors, and administration.
ISD 622 Universal Competencies:
- Accountability — Accept personal and shared accountability for the results of our work with learners
- Integrity — Demonstrate the core values of openness, honesty and integrity in every interaction
- Excellence — Seek excellence and attain high levels of
achievement in every endeavor
- Achievement — Focus on the results of action (learning) and
not the action itself (teaching)
- Courage — Do what needs to be done because it is the
right thing to do
- Teamwork — Willing to collaborate
- Respect — Respect every individual and provide high levels of service for internal and external customers
ISD 622 is a community collaborative dedicated to educating and empowering all learners to excel in our changing world.
The duties of this position may change from time to time. ISD 622 reserves the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at their discretion. The job description is intended to describe the general level of work being performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive.