Fridays after school until 11:45 pm: Janaury 8, 15, 22, 29, February 5, 12, (make-up dates are February 19 & 26 if needed)
$200-$350 per season. In addition, Head School Chaperones receive a complementary lift ticket and bus transportation on Ski & Snowboard Club trips, and Ski & Snowboard Club fees are waived for chaperones’ children (limit one child per chaperone; does not include rental equipment or lessons).
Primary Objective of Positions:
Ensure a safe and fun environment for Ski & Snowboard participants.
- Supervise and coordinate duties of all other chaperones and head bus chaperones at your school. Maintain participant lists and records for your site. Ensure all participants are accounted for and call parent/guardians if participant is absent and not documented.
- Assist participants with equipment, including loading and uploading bus, helping participants put on equipment, and assisting with rental equipment.
- Must attend all Ski & Snowboard Club trips, and must ride the bus to and from the resorts; supervise participants on bus and manage behavior.
- Ensure safe experience for participants at the resort; supervise participants, assist with injuries/accidents.
- Work collaboratively with other chaperones, head chaperones, and resort staff to coordinate group lessons, rentals, and supervise participants on the hill and in the lodge. Responsible for at least one shift in the lodge during each trip.
- Be visible and accessible at all times.
- Head School Chaperones must stay at school until all participants have been picked up.
- Return required forms and lost and found items to the Community Ed office by 9 am the next day.
- Establish a positive and friendly relationship with participants, resort staff, other chaperones, parents/guardians and bus drivers.
- Enforce School District policies.
- Maintain a high level of professionalism.
- District criminal background check.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.