Pay and Benefits: Pay and benefits are in accordance with the teacher labor agreement – https://www.isd622.org/Page/310
- Valid K-6 or 1-6 MN teaching license
- Must work well with elementary aged students of various cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds
- Must be able to differentiate for various levels of learners
- Must have strong desire and skills to collaborate
- Must be organized
- Must be willing to share responsibility for all students meeting high standards
- Considerable knowledge of multicultural, gender and disability fair curriculum concepts.
- Considerable knowledge of educational philosophy, teaching methods and approaches, current researched best practices and strategies.
- Considerable skill in classroom management and organization
- Skilled in co-teaching and Small Group Instruction
- Math Expressions and Reading and writing workshop training or experience
- Understanding of formative assessment and its impact on student learning
- A high level of understanding of culturally responsive teaching
- Experience in collaboration and Professional Learning Communities
- Provide co-teaching and/or small group instruction in the core curriculum areas(s) for which employed (ie., math, reading, science, social studies); make appropriate use of instructional resources and technologies.
- Implement the goals and objectives of the District and the school and/or program for which employed.
- Follow the prescribed course of study, except as authorized in the curriculum outlines or by the principals or other official rules and regulations.
- Evaluate student performance according to system used by school and/or District; promote student achievement; maintain required student records; make related reports to the principal as prescribed or authorized by the superintendent.
- Maintain contact and communications with parents of students and work with them in the development of each student.
- Perform classroom management duties; enforce District rules governing the conduct of students; take appropriate disciplinary action with students who do not follow District rules.
- Enforce District guidelines in regard to health and hygienic conditions and practices in the classroom as they may affect the physical and mental health of students.