Welcome to Spring Lake Park Schools! We are a vibrant school community serving about 6,200 students from the suburbs of Blaine, Fridley and Spring Lake Park, in the northern Minneapolis-St. Paul metropolitan area. Our district purpose — “High expectations, high achievement for all. No excuses” – provides our focus to meet the unique and varied needs of each student.
Spring Lake Park Schools is recognized for our commitment to personalized learning, creating a culture of innovation and creativity through human-centered design thinking. We are working to create a system – a culture with a methodology and set of processes – where teachers and staff have the freedom, flexibility and invitation to design new ways of learning centered around deepening student engagement to continuously improve student success.
Woodcrest Spansih Immersion Elementary Schools is known for its strong sense of community and contagious culture of optimism. We’re in search of a .5 FTE Social Work & Community Resource Liasion to connect families and students to resources and supports, to help them be successful in school and as a family unit.
The successful candidate will be an individual who …
… firmly believes…
- all students can and will learn, and that their learning can be directly influenced by focusing on factors over which we have control;
- in the need to work interdependently with teachers, school, and district leaders throughout the system, aligning the work of adults around improving student learning by meeting the needs, interests, and aspirations of students;
- in the need to work in partnership with staff to continuously improve practices to enhance student and family engagement, creating the conditions for equity, excellence and student success; and
- in personalizing learning for students, meeting academic, social, and emotional needs and aspirations so that each student feels valued and has a sense of belonging, leading to academic success.
A Social Work & Community Resource Liasion assists students and supports families by providing strategic services that address the social-emotional-environmental issues that may interfere with the educational process. Working with parents/guardians, teachers, school principal, and community-based resources, the Social Work & Community Resource Liasion helps remove barriers that may limit a student’s access to a fulfilled educational experience. In doing so, this Liasion implements strategies that promotes students’ positive school adjustment and creates meaningful family relationships.
Duties of this job include, but are not limited to provide…
- crisis intervention services;
- social work case management for students and families;
- risk assessments on referred students;
- liaison services with community agencies and assist in fostering communication and deepening partnerships between schools, parents/guardians, and community organizations;
- location and mobilization of community resources to support the education program;
- home visits and liaison services between families and the school to positively promote collaborative processes in educational planning for students by encouraging parent/guardian participation in the school setting;
- parent/guardian educational opportunities on topics such as: child development, stress reduction, discipline & safety, and teacher/parent/student communication; and
- collaboration with school staff and other school system personnel to implement strategies to promote student learning.
Essential Requirements include…
- knowledge of case management systems;
- strong knowledge of, and ability to, successfully access and navigate community-based resources;
- the capacity and desire to function with sensitivity & understanding in varying cultural settings;
- strong verbal and written communication skills;
- knowledge of and ability to successfully navigate team and family dynamics; and
- knowledge of issues relating to children, parents & families.
- this is a Spanish Immersion school, fluent Spanish communication skills is strongly encouraged;
- a current Social Worker license is preferred (MSW or school social worker license) or
- bachelor’s degree in a field of human services, such as social services, education, or psychology;
- strong, positive communication skills, organizational skills, and a flexible schedule;
- creative teaming qualities and abilities;
- previous experience or willingness to work with students struggling with behavior management; and
- additional knowledge or experience with due process/assessments/methods and current trends in the field of behavior interventions and support.
We prefer candidates who have previous experience working…
- in a school setting;
- as part of a team, in a cooperative setting.
- with bilingual abilities.
Highly competitive salary and benefit package for the region
How to Apply:
Applications will be reviewed as received and qualified candidates will be interviewed until the position is filled. Individuals who wish to be considered for this position must apply online at https://www.applitrack.com/district16/onlineapp/default.asp. Only qualified and appropriately licensed individuals will be considered for an interview.
For any inquiries or questions regarding the position, please feel free to contact Cyndi Steinke, Management Assistant for Student Services at: email@example.com or 763-600-5081.