Job Summary: To inspire and prepare each and every scholar with the confidence, courage, and competence to achieve their dreams; contribute to community; and engage in a lifetime of learning.
Responsibilities and tasks include:
- Position provides instruction and support in the curriculum areas for which employed; make appropriate use of instructional resources and technologies.
- Implement the goals and objectives of the District and the school and/or program for which employed.
- Write and implement individual student goals and objectives.
- Evaluate student performance according to the goals and objectives on the Individual Educational Plan (IEP) used by School District; promote student achievement; maintain required student records; make related reports to the principal as prescribed or authorized by the superintendent.
- Maintain contact and communications with parents of students and work wit them in the development of each student.
- Perform classroom management duties; enforce District rules governing the conduct.
- Understand and be able to implement due process guidelines following state and federal rules, regulations and District policy.
Minimum Qualifications include:: A valid Minnesota teaching license as School Social Worker. Bachelor’s degree with completion of approved program for licensure. LICSW preferred.
Preferred Qualifications include:
- Considerable knowledge of the curriculum areas the teacher is responsible for instructing.
- Considerable knowledge of educational philosophy, teaching methods and approaches, current researched best practices and strategies.
- Considerable knowledge of students’ learning styles and needs, both academic and affective.
- Considerable knowledge of multicultural, gender and disability fair curriculum concepts.
Working knowledge of instructional technologies.
- Considerable skill in classroom management and organization.
- Ability to effectively facilitate and/or participate in team meetings and parent meetings.
Osseo Area Schools offers:
Meaningful and impactful work
Opportunities to grow professionally
A variety of benefits
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
Osseo Area School District ISD 279 is an Equal Opportunity, and veteran-friendly employer.
Osseo Area School District ISD 279 ensures equal employment opportunities regardless of race, creed, gender, color, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or disability. Osseo Area School District is committed to a workforce that reflects the diversity of the district and strongly encourages persons to apply who can strengthen our diversity. For more information, view the District’s Equal Opportunity and Prohibition Against Discrimination, Harassment and Violence Policy.
Veteran’s Preference: If you are an eligible veteran, please submit a legible copy of your DD214 with your application.
Accommodation: If you have a disability that requires an accommodation during the selection process, please email Human Resources at HR@district279.org or call 763-391-7007.
Background Check Upon Conditional Offer:
Background checks are conducted upon receiving a conditional offer. Employees must complete a background check and are responsible for the background fee. A passing background is required. Criminal convictions are reviewed on a case-by-case basis.