Open until May 12, 2021
The Cambridge-Isanti High School Special Education Coordinator serves as a member of the high school administrative team and assists with the daily operation of the school. This position is responsible for providing leadership to school stakeholders and ensuring all students with disabilities are served appropriately. The Special Education Coordinator will manage and ensure attendance, behavioral, disciplinary prevention, and intervention services with an emphasis on Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports (PBIS) in accordance with student IEPs and 504s. This position will oversee and ensure compliance of IEP and 504s. This will include child find, identification, assessment, and placement, IEP and 504 development, review processes, and compliance with state and federal rules and regulations. The Special Education Coordinator will provide and/or assist in providing professional development activities in order to increase the knowledge and skills of special education staff, general education teachers, administrators, support staff, and instructional assistants.
- Minnesota teaching license required or Master’s degree with coursework in education, teaching, administration, or related experience working in a school, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minnesota Administrative License, K-12 principal or Director of Special Education, or working towards licensure preferred.
- Previous experience in special education leadership preferred.
Experience: 5 years of experience in the special education field preferred.
Knowledge and ability to successfully implement the following initiatives:
- Marzano frameworks
- Online Learning
- Intervention programs
- Multi-Tiered System of Supports (MTSS)
- Special education programming
- Data-driven decision-making
- The ability to collaborate in a professional and personal manner
- Positive and encouraging leadership style
- Exemplifies the following Five Character Traits:
The mission of Cambridge-Isanti Schools, as the leader in innovative education offering unlimited options and opportunities, is to develop well-rounded individuals who excel in leadership, achieve at the highest levels and are responsible citizens, through highly effective staff addressing the unique needs of each individual in partnership with parents, students, and a unified community.
80% General Administration
- Coordinates Special Education Staff (Teacher and Instructional Assistant) Scheduling
- Facilitate the Student Support Team, and collaborate with the Student Assistance Team to ensure compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Enforces and directs student management, discipline, health, safety, and general welfare of students on IEPs.
- Directs the reporting and monitoring of student attendance
- Handles attendance and truancy issues by meeting with students, parents, and when appropriate, the IEP Team to appropriately create attendance plans.
- Address bus behavior referrals and maintain appropriate documentation
- In collaboration with the CIHS Administrative Team, hires, trains, and directly supports Special Education Staff.
- Continuous supervision is exercised over all personnel within the Special Education program.
- Performs complex professional work developing and maintaining an effective educational program consistent with state and federal guidelines and the philosophy, policies, and goals of the School Board, ensuring student and staff safety and related work as apparent or assigned.
- Assists the building principal in establishing a positive environment for achieving educational outcomes specifically as it relates to students with IEPs and 504s.
- Administrative representative to team meetings (IEP and Evaluation Results).
- Perform such record-keeping functions as the principal may direct, including entry of behavior events in the student information system, and producing and sending documentation related to behavior events as required by policy or statute
- Interprets and supervises the implementation of district policies
- Advocates for equal educational opportunity for all students
- Works closely with alternative based programs, student assistance programs, and curricular programs
- Supervises hallways, lunchroom, and assists with the supervision of the school building during the school day and during events outside of school as assigned, such as various events and functions including dances, athletic events, and other extracurricular activities
10% Professional Development
- Participates in in-service activities relating to student attendance, behavioral expectations, mainstream, and special education programming
- Provide Accommodation/Modification training to staff or as needed
- Attend and provide additional in-service training as required
Hours per day:
200 days, salary range: $82,310-$87,348 DOE
Per terms & Conditions contract
Benefit eligible position: medial ($900 out of pocket max for single coverage, $1500 out of pocket max for family coverage), dental, and optical insurance, supplemental insurance available through Aflac (we have the industry’s lowest rates!), long-term disability coverage, district paid life insurance policy (two times your salary!), sick days, vacation days, paid holidays, and more!