Qualifications: Candidate must have anAA Degree, AS Degree or 60 semester credits of post secondary education (equivalent of 2 years) or a passing score on the paraprofessional assessment test. Passing pre-employment physical. Ability & interest to provide assistance to children with special needs.
- Provides classroom assistance to students, which includes; assisting with class work and other assignments, administering tests, and tutoring students in small groups.
- Assists administrators, teachers and other staff to ensure proper behavior and safety of students.
- Works with various students to ensure learning is maximized.
- Assists students, teachers, and other staff in daily activities related to assignment
- Provide supervision.
- Operates and maintains equipment related to job assignment
Salary/Benefits: Hourly starting rate of pay and other benefits according to the Para Educator Working Agreement are located within the Human Resource section of the Austin Public Schools website at www.austin.k12.mn.us.
Application Procedure: Apply online at https://www.austin.k12.mn.us/Pages/hr/hr-employment.aspx