14 hours/week | 4 days a week | 11:45 am – 3:15 pm
Starting Wage: $16.40/hr
Join the Duluth Public Schools team, where we work to inspire every student to achieve their potential and prepare students to lead productive, fulfilling lives.
Duluth Public Schools is seeking an individual to assist special education teachers with meeting the educational, emotional, and physical needs of special needs children and older students. Assists in guiding the student through various daily activities by utilizing a balanced approach to learning that supports age and grade appropriate behavior and thinking. Assists in implementing the Individual Education Plan (IEP).
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience as a teacher’s assistant in a teaching environment in or outside a school system or related childcare work
- 60 semester credits or 90 quarter credits of college or a passing score on the parapro assessment
- Ability to work cooperatively with children and adults
- Ability to effectively communicate with, and establish and maintain positive working relationships with students, parents, staff and community
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to observe and record accurately
- Ability to understand and accurately correct student assignments
- Ability to meet federal/state guidelines (where appropriate) and/or to successfully complete specified in-service courses
- Demonstrated ability to work positively with students with disabilities and under the supervision of a special education teacher
Special Education Building Wide positions – can be assigned to work anywhere in the school/site building at the discretion of the principal. These positions are not specific to a program or a particular room. The para can be moved by the principal at any time during the day or school year. This position will provide additional adult assitance to special education pre-school students at Lester Park.
If you have any questions, please contact Chris Kohel at 218-336-8722 or email firstname.lastname@example.org