Rockford Area Schools is currently accepting applications for Special Education Paraprofessionals at Rockford Elementary, Middle, and High School. Special Education Paraprofessionals provide assistance to students receiving Special Education support under the direction of a licensed Special Education Teacher. They assist teachers in general classroom activities, engage with academic task completion, promote participation, provide social emotional health and safety, direct positive behavior, help assist with social interactions, track goal data, and more. The paraprofessional could provide support in both a 1:1 capacity and group manner. They may also provide general education push in support services where needed.
- Enthusiastic about student learning.
- Excellent communication and data privacy skills.
- Strong work ethic, flexibility, and team collaboration are essential.
- Demonstrated interest and respect for the unique needs of students and families.
- Passed Para-Pro Test or Completed 2 Year Degree
- First Aid and CPR Certified (preferred)
- Handle with Care Certified (preferred)
These positions are assigned 6.5-8 hours per day. Paraprofessionals work approximately 180 school days per year.
District Special Education Coordinator
Rockford Elementary Arts Magnet School Principal
Rockford Middle School – Center for Environmental Studies Principal
Rockford High School Principal
Rockford Area Schools
A Tradition of Excellence One Student at a Time!