Kasson-Mantorville School District No. 204 is seeking a Special Education Paraprofessional for Kasson-Mantorville High School.
Kasson-Mantorville High School is seeking to hire a passionate, talented, and dedicated part-time Special Education Paraprofessional The ideal candidate would be an innovative team player who believes in the value of building relationships with all students, have a desire to work in a team setting, and is committed to ensuring growth for all learners. We are looking for a dynamic individual to collaborate with our already strong Special Education team.
Join a highly motivated team in the Kasson-Mantorville School District with a commitment to excellence and innovation.
We are located between the cities of Kasson and Mantorville. Kasson is the home of a vibrant downtown district and Mantorville is known for its historic presence in SE Minnesota. The communities are fifteen minutes from downtown Rochester, home of the Mayo Clinic and IBM, and approximately one hour south of the Twin Cities.
Kasson-Mantorville is a growing school district of 2,100 students, with numerous co-curricular and extracurricular programs and club opportunities.
SPECIAL EDUCATION PARAPROFESSIONAL
- Provide support for students in general education classrooms (e.g. clarify directions, model, redirect attention, modify and adapt assignments per teacher direction).
Supplement instructional activities under the direction of a special education teacher or related services provider. Work with individual students or small groups.
- Reinforce drill and review previously taught skills and monitor independent work completion.
Maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
- Provide supervision to ensure safety for special education students during instructional periods, community activities, before school and at dismissal.
Assist students with and encourage independence in self help skills related to dressing, feeding, hygiene and toileting.
- Assist the student to develop independence in problem solving, making choices and task completion by allowing the child to function with as little intervention as possible.
Observe, record and chart information about student performance, behaviors and learning styles.
- Assist with and/or implement behavioral management and intervention plans under the direction of the special education teacher.
Assist teacher to safely lift and transfer students.
- Follow teacher instructions regarding the use of walkers, wheelchairs, standers and assistive technology equipment.
Employee is responsible to be knowledgeable about all district policies.