Location: Lake Marion Elementary
- Serve as a contributing member of the special education team.
- Support academic programs designed by special and general education teachers including leading small groups, providing one-to-one follow-up, re-teaching/review, and keeping students on-task.
- Provide supports to enhance student success and independence through implementation of Individual Education Program (IEP) adaptations and accommodations. (e.g., taking notes in class, reading materials aloud, utilizing technology, implementing organizational tools).
- Provide feedback to special education teachers about general education class activities, assignments, student participation, and behavior.
- Promote a positive learning environment and advocates for student needs.
- Facilitate interactions between students with disabilities and classmates.
- Support development of individual communication, social and functional skills.
- Implement individual student behavior plans including providing positive reinforcement, assisting with self-regulation and behavior de-escalation, assisting students to transition from general education classrooms and other school settings when behaviors are interfering with learning, and implementing safe restraint procedures when required.
- Collect student data as directed by special education teacher.
- Assist students with mobility which may include toileting/changing diapers, lifting and transferring students, helping with dressing, assisting students with adaptive equipment.
- Accompany students during school-related community outings which may include driving a district vehicle.
- Support activities of daily living (assisting with eating/feeding, hygiene, dressing skills, and toileting/diapering).
- Maintain student and family data privacy and confidentiality.
6.25 hours per day / Monday – Friday
31.25 hours per week
Start/End Time – 9:15 am – 4:00 pm
Last day 6/8/2021
Start Date: 4/29/2021 (ASAP)
Position is in the LEAF bargaining unit (Lakeville Education Assistants Federation)
Classified in the LEAF Contract as a B-2-1 / $17.39 – $21.78 per hour (depending on experience)
ISD 194 IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND SUPPORTS WORKFORCE DIVERSITY
Please apply online at https://www.applitrack.com/isd194/onlineapp/