K-12 Special Education Paraprofessional – Long Term Substitute
Location: John F Kennedy Elementary
Hours Per Day: 6.25
Hours Per Week: 31.25
Days Per Year (including holidays): TBD (Through Decemeber, possibly longer)
Start/End Time: TBD
- High School Diploma required – prefer candidate with AA degree. Additional post-secondary training relevant to children/adolescents/young adults preferred. Flexibility within the work environment. Able to work with small and large groups, one-to-one, and in multiple school settings.
- Strong communication skills with students and adults.
- Skilled in use of various computer programs (word processing, Powerpoint, excel) and with technology used by students (iPads, smartphones).
- Strong language, math and reading skills.
- Willingness to accept direction from supervising teacher(s) and administrators.
- Ability to cope with change and with the mental and emotional stress of the position.
- Ability to move quickly from sitting to standing position and to follow students at a fast pace, when needed
- Salary and benefits in accord with the Agreement with the Lakeville Educational Assistants Federation (L.E.A.F.)
- Position classified: LEAF B-2-1, $17.39 – $21.78 per hour depending on experience
- For additional information, please reference attached job description
ISD 194 IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND SUPPORTS WORKFORCE DIVERSITY
Please apply online at https://isd194.org/employment/