Special Education Paraprofessional Setting I-II @ Prior Lake High School – Medium Term Sub
6.75 hrs/day (plus 30-minute unpaid lunch), student contact days
$16.27/hr plus district contribution toward single health insurance
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. CPR, First Aid and CPI training preferred.
3. Ability to lift heavy objects (50 lbs).
4. Ability to work with students with mild to severe disabilities.
5. Must employ interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
JOB GOALS: Provide support to the special education staff with educationally related activities and helps students with support in different subject areas: monitors/directs and supports students in other school settings as needed.
1. Support and monitor students in educational settings.
2. Provide teacher support; objective observation, data keeping, and prepare and organize materials.
3. Assist in implementing successful student programs as designed by special education staff.
4. Assists with personal care needs of individual students, as needed.
5. Demonstrate sensitivity to diversity in cultural heritage, lifestyles, and value systems among students and families.
6. Performs other duties as assigned by the building principal and/or supervising teacher, specific to special education.