ECSE Special Education Paraprofessional at Monticello Eastview Education Center
3 Hours per day Monday – Thursday
Essential Skills Required:
- Effective communication and teaming skills, willingness to be flexible and excellent attendance.
- Knowledge and experience in working with Autism Spectrum Disorder, Cognitive Disabilities, Behavior Disorders, and Physical Impairments
- Knowledge and application of technology and assistive technology
- Ability to apply rules, instructions and stated policies/procedures and IEP plans: including Behavior Support Plans
- Skill in supervising student behavior and applying consistent strategies/intervention procedures for appropriate and inappropriate behaviors (physically escort and apply restrictive procedures when needed to ensure safety – must be quick on feet)*
- Assist with supervision of students during playtime, recess, and other non-academic education activities.
- Attend to student’s special health and self-care needs; toileting/changing, dressing, eating/feeding /tube feeding, etc. *
- Able to physically assist students in a variety of positions (on the floor, playground, etc.) *
- Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs. and/or assist in two person lifts*
- Assist with loading and unloading students from vehicles (including wheelchairs)*
- Skilled in adapting lesson plans to the individual needs of students to facilitate learning and to assist in meeting any individual learning goals.
- Maintain confidentiality of information about students
- Experience working with diverse students and families
- Ability to work under the direction of multiple certified staff (SPED and general ed)
- Willing and able to drive the school van/vehicle to transport students (with proper training)*
- Must obtain and maintain CPI and or Handle with Care training*
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor and/or building principal
- * Indicates duties which may require lifting