East Ridge High School
Anticipated Start Date: As soon as possible
Salary schedule based on Teacher’s Contract, previous teaching experience and education.
Benefit information can be found on the District Website under Human Resources and Benefits. Please look under Forms & Publications for specific Insurance Premiums.
License Requirement: Current Minnesota Teaching License in the following:
K12 ABS or
K-12 EBD and 1 Other Special Education License or
K-12 LD and 1 Other Special Education License or
K-12 ASD and 1 Other Special Education License
Provide academic and goal-based learning experiences that enhance student progress across all settings.
Primary Job Functions:
- Contribute to and participate in the building student support teams.
- Serve as an IEP/IFSP case manager.
- Work as a team member in staffings. Facilitate team meetings to review student progress and develop IEP/IFSP as related to student needs.
- Plan and implement appropriate educational programs for individuals.
- Implement educational plans as describe on individual IEP/IIIP/IFSP and provide information for building staff as needed.
- Maintain appropriate records and reports. Collect data on progress on goals and objectives for each student and meet all required timelines.
- Develop, coordinate, and evaluate transition related experiences for students, if applicable.
- Provide work direction to paraprofessional staff members.
- Communicate effectively with students, families, educators, and administrators regarding student programs and progress.
- Collaborate with students, families, related service providers, outside agencies, and other team members to promote growth of each student.
- Work cooperatively with general education teachers and staff and provide building consultation, support and training as needed.
- Create and maintain a professional working relationship with families and staff.
- Obtain and demonstrate knowledge of general education curriculum including the grade level outcomes and state standards.
- Conduct assessments, comprehensive report results, and follow Minnesota state criteria in area(s) of special education eligibility as well as mandated timelines.
- Determine and complete purchase orders for supplies, materials, and equipment based on student needs.
- Participate in building and District level professional development activities.
- Understand and maintain boundaries and confidentiality with students, families and staff.
- Perform all other duties and responsibilities in certification areas as directed by the Director of Special Services and/or the Building Principal.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Specifications (Education, License, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Current Minnesota licensure in two special education areas or the ability to achieve prior to obtaining continuing contract status (one license area required for early childhood). License requirements based on student level and program.
- Ability to travel between sites as needed.
- Prompt, regular and reliable attendance.
- Ability to perform routine computer functions, including the use of email, Microsoft Word and due process system.
- Communicates with students, parents, co-workers, supervisors, and the community in a positive and responsive way that is consistently welcoming and enhances effective work relationships.
- Demonstrates an appreciation of diversity in all interactions and job functions.
Apply online including a letter of interest and current resume
Applications submitted by 4:00 pm on September 17, 2020 will be fully considered.
Posting will be removed from the website when the position has been filled.
Equal Opportunity Employer