Position: Educational Support Professional – Social-Emotional Behavior Services
Schedule: 5 days / week, 3.25 hours / day, 9 months / year
Location: Northwinds Elementary School
Rate of Pay: Per Master Agreement
Deadline to Apply: 07/10/2022 or Until Filled
- Assist classroom teacher with implementation of behavior / academic plans
- Work with students to reinforce skills and lesson plans previously taught and/or teacher new skills as outlined
- Potential of working 1:1 with students
- Monitor students during classroom work time and provide supervision during lunch/recess
- Assistant student(s) with self-help skills such as dressing, eating, grooming, hygiene and bathroom use. Some lifting required.
- Implement student-specific interventions and supports in consultation with Social-Emotional Behavior Services Coordinator.
- Implement evidence-based procedures in consultation with Social-Emotional Behavioral Services Coordinator.
- Maintain an environment conducive to intervention support in consultation with Social-Emotional Behavioral Services Coordinator.
- Prepare and collect data, providing descriptions of behaviors and assisting with individual student data collection.
- Collaborate with Social-Emotional Behavioral Services Coordinator, district and building administration.
- Participate in building-level support teams.
- Participate in annual, required training activities to develop skills in specific student interventions and describing the function of student behaviors.
- Effectively communicate information with supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Strong communication skills both one-on-one and in small groups
- Strong written communication skills
- Available to participate in 40 hours of training during summer break
- Experience working with children/students
- Strong organizational skills, flexible, punctual, willing to learn new things
- Desire and ability to work with children with special needs (academic and/or behavior)
- Work as a team member with other adults
- Annual 40 hour training program during summer break is required
- Coaching/observation required two times per month by the Social-Emotional Behavior Services Coordinator
- Participate in monthly building meetings with a team of other professionals
See why BHM Schools is the place to dream, believe and achieve. From early childhood, to kindergarten to graduation and to adulthood, the BHM School District provides a variety of opportunities for every age. Click HERE or visit our website at www.bhmschools.org to view a short video about our district.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Applicants interested in this position must complete an application online by visiting our district website at www.bhmschools.org.> District> Employment> Current Openings & Online Application. If you previously applied with BHM Schools and wish to update your application materials, login to AppliTrack and select ‘edit.’ If you need technical support please visit applitrack.com/apphelp for answers to frequently asked application questions or ‘submit a request‘ to AppliTrack for assistance with your application.